Friday, February 19, 2010

Julie Demuynck

"Stay"- Jackson Browne

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtuvXrTz8DY

My mom can always tell when I’m nervous because I stop talking. The car rides to dance auditions, college interviews, and scholarship banquets were always without conversion with the radio on quietly. But every now and again Jackson Browne’s song “Stay” would come on the radio. One of us would reach for the radio, turn it up, and then we would sing along to the song. The song is about being at a concert and the band is asking the audience to relax, listen to their music, and “stay just a little bit longer.” My mom swears that the song is good luck because although it is not a very popular song, it always seems to come on the radio exactly when I need it the most. I tend to stress out very easily and become tense, and the song reminds that its all going to be fine, and that I just need to relax and see where life takes me.

Jackson Browne is an American rock singer songwriter and musician. Many of Browne’s songs expressed his emotions towards politics and his personal life. “Stay” was not one of those songs, but instead one that was a send off to his fans and road crew. “Stay” was recorded and released on Jackson Browne’s album Running on Empty in 1977. Browne was conducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004 to commemorate his career, and him and his music and how it was able to address the social, political, and cultural issues of the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment