Friday, April 9, 2010

Nacho Libre

I have a very wide collection of movies but when I am asked what movie is my favorite, I instantly think of Nacho Libre. The movie stars Jack Black as Nacho, a Mexican-Scandinavian monk. Nacho is the cook at the monastery and the orphans that live there love him very much. Although Nacho loves the children too, he also loves wrestling. Wrestling is forbidden in the monastery because it is a form of idolatry and vanity. When the Sister EncarnaciĆ³n comes to the monastery to teach the children, Nacho falls in love with her, another forbidden love. The movie focuses on how Nacho and his friend Esqueleto become wrestlers and try to get Nacho the hook up with EncarnaciĆ³n. It's a very funny movie and definitely the kind of movie you can watch with your family. I like it because no matter what mood I'm in when I start watching, by the end of the movie it is impossible not to be in a good mood. So as Nacho would say about wearing stretchy pants, "it's for fun".

No comments:

Post a Comment