Friday, April 9, 2010

Favorite Movie-Julie Demuynck

It’s very difficult for me to name one movie as my favorite because I feel like I have a favorite movie in all of the many genres of movies; however, if I had to pick one then I would say that The Sandlot is my all time favorite movie. I grew up watching it and still enjoy watching it as a college student. The movie was released in 1993, directed by David Mickey Evans, and was also released in Australia and the United Kingdom. The movie is about a young boy, Smalls, who moves to a new town and his mom convinces him to go outside and play with the neighborhood kids instead of sitting inside all summer playing with Legos. When Smalls decides to go outside and play with the other boys, he brings outside his stepfather’s signed Babe Ruth baseball and plays with it because he doesn’t know any better due to his lack of knowledge about baseball. Smalls hits the ball over the fence where “The Beast” lives, and the rest of the movie is about the boys’ struggle to get the ball back without being eaten by the dog that lives next door.

The Sandlot is a cute movie with many heartfelt and hilarious moments. Each of the ten boys featured in the movie has a unique personality, and watching all their personalities interact is also an enjoyable part of the movie. I grew up in a neighborhood where all the kids would spend the summer days outside playing kickball or tag and watching the movie reminds how much fun I had when I was younger. Many sequels have made of the movie, but none can compare to the original film.

No comments:

Post a Comment