Thursday, April 8, 2010

Favorite Movie-Iesha Bailey

It is really hard to pick one favorite movie simply because there are many movies that can be considered aesthetically pleasing in their own personal way. Because there are so many different genres of movies, it is really hard to limit yourself to one in particular. However, if I had to choose one movie based solely on my own preferences it would be Mulan. As a child, It was one of the movies that I had no problem watching over and over and that truth still remains the same today.
For an animated movie, I think Mulan has a great story line and on top of that it is an extremely funny. I like the colors that were used in the movie and the way the characters were drawn. This Disney movie tells the story of a young Chinese girl who, posing as a man, joins the army and saves China. I like this movie because it deals with an issue that was once a real. Women were not allowed to be apart of the army in China, and those who were found impersonating men were killed. I like that although this movie is obviously fictional, it could be considered historically grounded. I also enjoy this movie because of the music. To me, music can make or break a movie. Musical selection are really important because they set the tone or mood. Mulan has catchy songs that are relatable to its story line and I think that makes it a good movie.

2 comments: